There’s Football, and then there’s Football Fans
Football fans are the best in the world. They support their team with vicious dedication. The 12th man, as Alex Ferguson described them, is a big part of the game, and the fans have come up with some humorous anecdotes to try and get underneath the skin of the opposition. Every now and then, they take it a bit too far.
Its only a bit of banter they say.
Its part of the game they say.
Footballers get paid an immoral amount of money when you look at their contributions to society. However, I don’t think anybody deserves this type of abuse and I’m shocked more isn’t done to expose this behaviour at football games. I’m also appalled that so many people just sit around and listen to these chants and say nothing. Channel 4’s Dispatches went undercover and exposed some of these hooligans for what they are. Dirty, disgusting people, and if you’ve sat there and listened to this go on, you are just as guilty.
1) When Ajax coach Louis Van Gaal lost his wife to cancer, Feyenoord fans sang:
‘Van Gaal had a dirty jew ass bitch wife and now he lives alone.’
2) The Togo national football team was attacked on bus in Angola, 3 team players died due to fatal gunshot wounds. Adebayor was subjected to these chants after he made the controversial move from Arsenal arch rival Tottenham.
‘It should have been you, it should have been you, Shot in Angola. It should have been you.’
‘Adebayor, Adebayorrr, three died in Angola, it should have been four.’
‘Adebayor, Adebayor, He used to ride buses, but not anymore. ‘
‘Adebayor, Adebayor, his dad washes elephants his mothers a whore.’
3) Sol Campbell had been on the verge of suicide and was assumed to be gay throughout his footballing career.
‘Sol, Sol, wherever you may be,
You’re on the verge of lunacy,
And we don’t give a f**k when you’re hanging from a tree,
You Judas c**t with HIV.’
4)When Karen Brady had just had a miscarriage and was involved at Birmingham Football club, Villa fans and other opposition teams sang;
“Karen Brady wheres ya baby tra la la la la”
5) Aston Villa again, aimed a chant at Dwight Yorke following the birth of his disabled son Harvey, who he had with Katie Price. The first 2 lines of the Sol Campbell chant were changed to,
‘Dwight Yorke Wherever you may be, Your missis is a slut and your kid can’t see’
6) Martin Aldridge played for Oxford, Dagenham and Northampton, he died at the age of 25 in a car crash. Swindon fans sing this to Oxford fans;
‘Whos that wrapped around a lampost, who’s that bleeding from his head? Its Martin Aldrige and his mate and they look a f**king state, cause they used to play for Oxford now they’re dead.’
7) This one, sang by Aston Villa supporters after the Birmingham City player Aliou Cisse lost several members of his family in a ferry disaster off the coast of Gambia.
‘Cisse’s family’s at the bottom of the sea.‘ Sung to the Yellow Submarine tune.
8) Manchester United fans sings this to Liverpool. The Hillsborough disaster tool the life of 96 football fans in 1989.
‘Ohh, I wish it could be Hillsborough everyday, where the fans start swinging and the fence begins to sway! Ohh, I wish it could be Hillsborough everyday, where they rob the dead bodies and the fans refuse to pay.’
9) Harold Shipman was a Manchester based doctor found guilty of murdering 15 patients. Liverpool sing this to Manchester United.
‘There’s only one Harold Shipman, One Harold Shipman, We give him thanks for killing those Mancs, Walking in a Shipman wonderland.’
10) Two Leeds United fans had been stabbed to death after a Champions League match in Turkey. This is sung by opposition fans;
‘Who’s that lying on the forecourt, whos that dying on the floor. Its the Leeda United shite, cos they don’t know how to fight, and they won’t be singing Munich anymore.’
11) Seven Manchester United players died in a plane crash in 1958. Liverpool fans have been known to sing;
‘Whos that lying on the runway, whos that lying in the snow, its Matt Busby and his boys, making all the f**king noise cause they can’t get an aeroplane to go!’
12) Aberdeen fans sing to Rangers, after Davie Cooper, a Scottish footballer died from a brain haemorrhage in 1995. His death was shown on TV.
‘There’s only one Davie Cooper, in his brain they found a tumour. What a wonderful way, to spend your day, wacthing Davie Cooper pass away.’